* Postmarked 15 August 2021
* Submit two copies of each entry, category number and category name in upper left-hand corner of both copies, poet's name and address in upper right-hand corner of one copy. If you are a member, put "Missouri State Poetry Society" below your address. Put "Non-member" if you are not.
* Poems may be 40 or fewer lines. They may be unpublished or previously published if the poet retains the rights to the poem. Poets may enter each category as many times as they wish. No poems will be returned or published.
* We do not accept online submissions at this time.
* Please, poems that have won an MSPS contest in the past may not be resubmitted for contest consideration.
1. Rhymed verse or blank verse (unrhymed iambic pentameter), any subject, serious or humorous
2. Free verse, any subject, serious or humorous
3. Humorous verse, any subject
4. Any form, summer subject, serious or humorous
5. MSPS members only: Poet's choice:
* $25, $15, $10, and three honorable mentions in each category
* Non-members pay $2.00 per poem. Members pay $1.00 per poem. Make money order or check payable to MSPS
* Mail poems and fees to
10632 St. Andrew's Ct.
Festus, MO 63028
* Include a SASE for a list of the winners, OR check the October 1st issue of the Spare Mule Online for a list of winners.
*If you do not belong to one of our local chapters but wish to join Missouri State Poetry Society, pay the $14 annual member-at-large fee and enter the contests by paying a member's reduced contest fees. See Members-at-Large.